Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PR Day

I really enjoyed our PR Day today at GCSU. I learned a variety of different perspectives of my field and enjoyed listening to the speakers portray their companies to us. My favorite speaker was Scott Hartman from Jackson/Spalding, an independent PR firm. Their company is located in Atlanta and they have a satelite campus in Athens. Some of their clients are: Orkin Pest Control, Delta SkyMiles, and Coca-Cola. I like that there are no titles at their firm. It makes me feel like they see all of their employees as equal. Scott told us the best way to find a job as he found, was cold calling. He said that you need a lot of media training, and you have to diversify yourself to achieve in the workplace. I really enjoyed his way of communicating, and how he had a great personality and made his presentation interesting.

1 comment:

Scott H. said...

Brittany. Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed hanging out with you folks and talking PR/Blogs/Facebook/YouTube/Twitter and everything else. :)

Let me know if I can answer any questions. And thanks for the link to the site!

Scott